About Online Marketing, Internet, Social Media…
It’s been pretty hectic at Google with the Google+ launch. Going social hasn’t been an easy journey but the result is impeccable.
I truly believe Google+ is a great product and it’s the evolution of what we’ve had so far. Sharing is almost a core behavior now. Something happens and you automatically share it with your friends. We just made it easier. Sharing your life has never been such a pleasure.
Google+ allows you to think in terms of tasks. What do you want to share? With who? How?
Do you want to share a picture you took from your phone? Don’t worry, every single pic you take from your android phone is automatically sync with your Picasa and therefore with your Google+. You just need to mark that picture and share it.
Would you like to share a link, a video… a spark?? Simply include the link in the typing box or go to your sparks and choose a them to share.
With who? What about having your girlfriend/boyfriend in a specific circle? If you ever go party without telling him/her she doesn’t have to know. You can only share it with your party friends!
How? Do you want to hangout with your friends and talk about what just happened to you? You can now do it without leaving your Google+ tab in your browser.
With all this Social bombing that we’ve had in the last weeks with Google +1 and Google +, I would like to talk about reporting and tracking of all this.
Here are the new reporting capabilities that are now available.
Nothing feels quite real until you can measure it…
Google Webmaster Tools
Show you how the +1 button affects the traffic coming to your pages:
- How +1‘s affect your organic search traffic, CTR changes when personalized recommendations help your content stand out
- How many times your pages have been +1’d, from buttons both on your site and on other pages (such as Google search)
- Aggregate geographic and demographic information about the Google users who’ve +1’d your pages
Social Plugin Tracking in Google Analytics
Shows how users share your content using other buttons besides +1 (i.e. Like, Twitter):
- Behavior changes for visits that include clicks on +1 buttons or other social actions
- Track the number of social actions (+1 clicks, Tweets, etc) taken on your site, all in one place
- Compare the pages on your site to see which are driving the highest the number of social actions