As the Google Display team has announced today, display advertising is going to be very different 5 years from now. The predictions for 2015 are:
- 50% of investment on display will include cost per video advertising. Yep, Youtube is going to be monetized in different ways. 2 new formats were presented today and basically we’ll be able to predict the videos you’re going to watch.
- 75% of ads will be “social” in nature. All user will be able to share, comment on, & provide feedback on ads.
- 50% of audience buying real time bidding. Real time display advertising is definitely coming!
- Mobile, the number 1 screen: they showed a very cool new feature for Google Goggles. Now you’ll be able to take a picture of any ad on a newspaper, magazine… and Goggles will give you the info about the ad and the company running that ad.
- Metrics more important than the click: CPA, bounce rate, View Through Conversions…
- Rich media in 50 % of display
- Display will be a 50 billion industry.
I’m waiting for the recorded version of the session to post it as it’s totally worthy to see the live demo they did with Google Goggles and some other examples.
I expected more comments about the possible the efect of iPad/Tablets on display advertising but apart from that, I think these predictions are quite a hint of what future will bring to us. However, they were talking about 2015 and I think we’ll see these changes by 2013.
What do you think?